Monday, June 16, 2008

Hello from the Zierkes!

Well, I finally found my invitation to be a contributor to this blog, so here I am, writing away. Just like Julie posted, summer seems to have finally arrived. It snowed last week. And today we almost hit 90 degrees. That's living in the Rocky Mountains, though. We enjoyed our fair weather this past weekend. On Saturday, Justin and I went to the zoo along with Jordan, Cindy, and Afton. My company (also Cindy's) provided free zoo tickets, so we made a day of it and saw all the animals. Idaho Falls really has a decent zoo and we look forward to visiting it every year. Most all the animals were active, which was great. It seemed we were there for every animal's bathroom break, but at least we got to see them all. For the first time in my life I saw the snow leopard, so that was exciting for me. The exhibit has been there since I was little, but they are always hiding. After the zoo, Jordan, Cindy, and Afton took us on our first geocache. That was kinda cool and we had fun with it. We're looking forward to doing more of that.

That's all for now. I'll try to get some pictures up sometime. Good to hear from everyone!
- Lara Hays Zierke

No comments: